Dr. Haiden's Approach to Health Care
Doctor Ann Haiden is an internal medicine physician who uses a Integrative Functional Medicine approach to health care. We are located in the greater San Jose and San Francisco Bay Area in Los Gatos.
Integrative Functional Medicine is a holistic approach that looks for the underlying cause or causes of a condition, then focuses on trying to resolve those things. The body has a remarkable ability to heal when given the chance.
Looking at the whole person, the environment of each person, and the individual biochemistry and genomic predisposition of each person is a major principle of functional medicine. It is important to gather a good history of the problem and to use testing to help discover the root of the problem and to follow progress.
We work with you to come up with a mutually agreeable plan which might include dietary change, supplements, lifestyle change, and sometimes medication.
Some of the most common conditions we see are:
• Irritable bowel syndrome
• Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
• General bowel bacterial imbalance (Dysbiosis, Candida, parasites, bloating, gas pain)
• Hypothyroidism (including autoimmune Hashimoto's disease)
• Overweight and Obesity
• Diabetes and pre-diabetes
• High cholesterol
• Fatigue and adrenal fatigue
• Food Sensitivities
• Leaky Gut Syndrome
• Autoimmune or inflammatory conditions
• Environmental sensitivity
• Preventive diet and lifestyle change
Dr. Haiden uses a variety of protocols which are personalized to the individual as needed.
These May Include:
• 30-60 day food elimination diet
• Elimination of gluten
• Reduction or elimination of all or most grains and legumes
• Plant centric, low glycemic carbohydrate, ancestral / primal diets with adequate healthy fats
• Intestinal bacterial overgrowth protocols including:
• Removal of bacteria with diet, herbals and/or anti-microbial prescriptions
• Rebalance of bacteria and the gut with diet and appropriate probiotics
• Restoration of a healthy gut lining and environment
• SIBO treatment protocols including herbal regimens and/or Xifaxan and/or Neomycin
• GAPS and FODMAPS diet protocols as appropriate
• Autoimmune protocol diets (AIP)
• Thyroid treatment with a goal of reducing autoimmunity, inflammation, and underlying insults. Dr. Haiden uses a variety of thyroid medications when appropriate. She does recommend T3 at times but only in low doses as she finds that most beneficial.
• Dietary, supplement, and lifestyle approaches to overweight, obesity, diabetes, and hypertension.
About Dr. Haiden's Training and Practice
• Dr. Haiden graduated from Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1994, earning her D.O. degree.
• Dr. Haiden completed her internship and Internal Medicine residency at the Kaiser Foundation Hospital in San Francisco, California, in 1997.
• ABIM board certified in Internal Medicine in 1997.
• Dr. Haiden practiced Internal Medicine at Kaiser Permanente in Vallejo, California, from 1997 to 2006
• Institute for Functional Medicine and Food as Medicine intensive training 2006 and ongoing medical education.
• Dr. Haiden started her private practice in 2006.
To help you decide if Dr. Haiden's approach and clinic are right for you, schedule a 15 minute free informational phone call.
Call us at 408-335-6848
If you would like to work with Dr Haiden for personalized medical care, we invite you to contact her clinic or submit an appointment request.
Dr Ann Haiden DO is an internal medicine physician and integrative functional medicine specialist, two time breast cancer survivor, multiple other things survivor, and advocate of a low carb, plentiful produce, Paleo Ancestral eating and living lifestyle.
Dr. Haiden's clinic is in Los Gatos, California, in the greater San Jose and San Francisco Silicon Valley area.
700 W Parr Ave, Ste B
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Serving: Los Gatos, San Jose, Campbell, Saratoga, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Morgan Hill, Santa Cruz, Palo Alto, Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area
Statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Information should not be taken as medical advice.
Copyright © 2017 Ann Haiden, DO